The Adamson-Eric Museum displays the oeuvre of one of the most versatile Estonian artists, Adamson-Eric (1902–1968).
The collection of the museum was started with a generous donation from the artist’s wife, Mari Adamson (1908–2000), who gave the museum nearly a thousand works of art of different genres and techniques, most of which can be viewed in the permanent exposition, opened in 1983. Through various thematic and personal exhibitions, the museum has introduced Estonian expatriate art, the works of women artists and the oeuvres of Adamson-Eric’s contemporaries, with a focus on classical modernism. The museum has collaborated internationally with museums in Latvia, Finland and Japan.
Museum is closed.